“I think I see a star in the making there.”
– Davidson Commissioner Jim Fuller commenting on the performance by Det. Vernon Siders in a holiday safety video prepared by the Davidson Police Department.
“There are outtakes.”
– Davidson Police Chief Penny Dunn advising Fuller that perhaps some of the more entertaining aspects of Siders’ act didn’t make the final cut.
“Beating a dead horse on a ship that has sailed.”
– Davidson resident Donna Pollack citing the way Commissioner Matthew Fort, while acknowledging the validity of her criticisms, described complaints related to Davidson becoming part-owner of the local cable company now called Continuum.
“I changed my major a few times because people kept telling me you can’t have a livelihood out of art. We’ve proved them wrong.”
– Sherry George who partnered with husband, Scott, to open the meg-art studio 22 years ago in Huntersville.
“It’s like having a baby.”
– Doug Godley, managing member of the family-owned business opening Frankie’s in Huntersville, describing the planning and waiting involved in the process.
“Rain, rain, then more rain.”
– Godley describing non-cooperative weather that played a role in causing construction of Frankie’s to take almost two years.