“We’re not just here to feed ya, get ya boozed up and kick you out the door.”
– Scott Willis, manager at Fox and Hound, on the relationships the restaurant tries to build with its customers.
“There’s plenty more I could say, but it’s cold out here.”
– Harvey Boyd, the designer of the Mecklenburg County Seal and a featured guest at the Pottstown community’s first Martin Luther King Jr. program, summing up his remarks at Monday’s ceremonies.
“It’s not ‘or,’ it’s ‘and.’”
– “Barstool Pastor” Jeff Hathcock explaining he sees his services in non-traditional settings as complementary, not competition, for regular church gatherings.
“Together, we can do great things.”
– Tracy Mattison Brandon, guest speaker at Davidson’s first Martin Luther King Jr. celebration, citing one of the enduring messages from King’s speeches.
“Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.”
– Dr. Deborah Quick, featured speaker at the Pottstown community’s MLK Day program, remembering one of King’s messages that inspired her mother, Catherine Alexander Brown, a longtime leader of Huntersville community service activities.