“Catawba River bridge.”
– Huntersville Transportation Planner Bill Coxe, providing a succinct explanation why 8.5 miles of N.C. 73 widening west of I-77 ($165 million) is expected to cost more than 14 miles of highway widening east of N.C. 115 ($162 million).
“Just want to let you know, it is not our fault.”
– Huntersville Commissioner Brian Hines, during opening remarks at Monday’s town board meeting, referencing county tax revaluation notices being distributed this month.
“Sorry I didn’t wear a tie. I didn’t know it was going to be a full house.”
– Huntersville resident Frank Bragg starting his public comments at Monday’s packed town board meeting.
“Usually it means donors, but these people have sustained the series with their work.”
– Jane Cain, director of music at Davidson College Presbyterian Church, on the “friends” part of the Friends of the Organ organization name.
“I had to step back and focus on what’s really important.”
– Lake Norman Charter football coach Bob McKay, on stepping down after the 2013 season for family reasons.