“I even told my boys players to watch the way they play.”
– David Smith, who coaches the boys and girls soccer teams at Hough High School, praising the U.S. Women’s National Team.
“Does that mean more cupcakes?”
– Community School of Davidson soccer coach Mike Yascur reacting to the possibility of the Women’s World Cup expanding its field, leading to teams qualifying who would get blown out.
“The airport is growing at a fast pace, and we’re ready to embrace our future with innovation, forward thinking and an awareness of our vital role in the community.”
– Brent Cagle, Huntersville resident and Charlotte Douglas International Airport aviation director and CEO, in a statement included in the airport’s 2018 Report of Achievement.
“YOU DID IT!!!!”
– Mandy Browning, president of The Hosanna Project, which reached its goal of funding vaccinations for 63 children in Ethiopia via an event held at Eleven Lakes Brewery last month.
“I volunteer on the Dental Bus because it’s the right thing to do. Ada Jenkins Center reaches and serves a segment of the population that is largely ignored. These are hardworking people who do not have the income to enjoy benefits that many others have. They need just a little bit of help.”
– Dentist Benjamin Yarborough, a 14-year volunteer with the Ada Jenkins Center’s mobile dental clinic.