“I know a lot of people don’t want to go all the way – and it’s 10 miles – all the way to Charlotte, because of traffic, because of congestion.”
– Mike Riley, president of Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center, on providing a broad scope of medical services locally.
“This number should allow us to stay away from capacity issues for a while.”
– Riley, discussing the benefits of the 60,000-foot expansion, while not committing to a time frame for when another would be warranted.
“They typically want a loud band. I get guitar, drums, bagpipes, get a super party band.”
– Violinist Jamie Laval on performing at the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games. He has yet to play at the Loch Norman games at Rural Hill.
“Celtic music is like a conduit into the past.”
– Laval, describing the background of the music he and Megan McConnell will perform June 21 in celebration of the summer Solstice.
“I remember them having a lot of arms.”
– N.C. State pitcher Nick Swiney, on his memories of playing Mooresville High School – this year’s 4A state champion – while a member of Hough’s team.