We introduced the first round of Lake Norman’s Most Powerful Women in last week’s edition, focusing on the areas of government, education and service.
Now we shift to women of high stature within their fields in the area of business.
The remainder of our list will be published next week.
• Sally Ashworth – Ashworth leads Visit Lake Norman, the convention and visitors bureau for Huntersville, Cornelius and Davidson. The group attracts millions of dollars in visitor spending to the region.
• Maureen Ausura – When Ausura was promoted as chief human resources officer for Lowe’s Companies in 2012, she inherited a work force of more than 160,000 employees across the country. She’s one of eight executive vice presidents for the corporation.
• Marcia Avedon – Human Resource Executive magazine put the Ingersoll Rand executive on its 2015 list of The Most Powerful Women in HR. She’s senior vice president for the Davison corporation.
• Tanya Blackmon – The president of Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center is no stranger to accolades. She’s been recognized for her service by the Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce and for her leadership in Modern Healthcare magazine.
• Hilary Broadway – A Realtor with Allen Tate Company by trade, Broadway showed her leadership capability during her 2014 reign as chairwoman of the Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce.
• Kara Brown – Brown, the existing business manager for the Lincoln Economic Development Association, has helped Lincoln County Schools better connect to manufacturing companies in an effort to help industries survive and thrive.
• Kelly Daspit – Daspit directs planning and community relations at Statesville-based Iredell Health System. The Mooresville resident has chaired the Mooresville-South Iredell Chamber of Commerce.
• Nadine Deason – Deason has been one of the top sales agents for Keller Williams over the years and recently joined the ranks of Sotheby's International Realty.
• Lori Jackson – Jackson owned Cornelius-based Ivester Jackson Distinctive Properties, which cleared over hundreds of millions of dollars in real estate sales before becoming an affiliate with Christie’s International Real Estate.
• Abigail Jennings – Jennings owns Lake Norman Realty, a company with six offices throughout the region. The Mecklenburg Times has recognized her as one of the 50 Most Influential Women in Charlotte.
• Kelley Earnhardt Miller – Often cited as one of NASCAR’s most powerful women, the daughter of the late Dale Earnhardt runs the business side of Mooresville-based JR Motorsports, as well as brother Dale Jr.’s career.
• Marie Marks – Marks was promoted to chief nursing officer at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center in Mooresville last year. She’s been with the hospital for more than 18 years and served as president of the N.C. Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses for four years.
• Starr Miller – Miller is not only an award-winning interior designer, but she’s also the president of Lake Norman Executive Women, a networking group of prominent professionals.
• Barbara Norman – Norman has owned interior design and insurance consulting companies before joining Lake Norman Benefits. She's president elect of the Denver-Lake Norman Rotary Club.
• Kathy Pearce – This Harvard Business School alum and former Xerox executive serves as president of the Charlotte Chapter of SCORE, an organization that provides mentoring to companies. She’s also been in leadership roles with the Davidson Farmer’s Market and NC Medassist.
• Janet Saura – Saura works as senior vice president and deputy general counsel for Lowe’s Companies, making her one of two women to serve as executive officers for the global home improvement retailer.
• Tricia Sisson – Sisson works as a national account manager for Clorox; owns two gun ranges, including The Range at Lake Norman; and serves as a board member at Lake Norman Charter School.
• Jessica Stewart – Stewart tries to spur job growth in her role as existing industry and marketing manager of the Mooresville-South Iredell Economic Development Corporation. She’s involved in Rotary and the United Way.