Boy Scout Troop 171 is on a roll.
Seven members of the Mooresville troop, sponsored by Williamson’s Chapel United Methodist Church, recently became Eagle Scouts, the highest honor in Scouting.
Here is a look at the new Eagle Scouts and their community service projects, which are required to reach the milestone:
– Benjamin Banzhof, a senior at Lake Norman High School, built and installed turtle-basking platforms on Lake Norman.
– Barrett Childs, a Lake Norman graduate, built three storage units for the physical education equipment, and a “little free library” at Lake Norman Elementary School.
– John Driver, a junior at South Iredell High School, built picnic tables and flower beds at Mount Mourne School.
– Jack Greenberg, a graduate of Lake Norman, built bookshelves for the kindergarten reading center at Woodland Heights Elementary School.
– Andrew Montambo, a senior at Lake Norman, built three benches and laid brick pavers to create a memorial garden for the columbarium in the cemetery at Williamson’s Chapel United Methodist Church.
– Daniel Papadopoulos, a senior at South Iredell, built three collection boxes for “retired” American flags.
– Kit Stuckey, a senior at Lake Norman, built benches at the beach area at Lake Norman State Park.