MOORESVILLE – All fourth through 12th grade students in the Mooresville Graded School District will receive a laptop for use during the school year. To obtain their laptops, students are required to attend the computer deployment operations to be conducted at Mooresville Intermediate School, 1438 Coddle Creek Hwy.
Deployment days and times are:
• Monday, Aug. 20: 8:30 a.m - 7:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 21: 4:30 - 7:20 p.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 22: 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 25: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 28: 4:30 - 7:20 p.m.
Doors will close at 7:20 p.m. on Tuesdays and 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Both the parent/guardian and student must attend the program in order for the laptop to be presented. For additional information on the rules and what should be brought, visit www.mgsd.k12.nc.us
School open houses have been scheduled
Area schools are having open houses and drop-in sessions for parents and students. These are the schedules, per the individual school websites.
• Park View Elementary, 3-5 p.m. Aug. 23
• South Elementary, 3-5 p.m. Aug. 23
• East Mooresville Intermediate School, 4-6 p.m. Aug. 23
• Mooresville Intermediate School, 4-6 p.m. Aug. 23
• Mooresville Middle School 4:30-6 p.m. for seventh-graders, 7-8 p.m. for eighth-graders Aug. 23
• Mooresville High School freshman orientation 8 a.m. to noon Friday, Aug. 17; non-freshmen new student orientation 9-10 a.m. and 1-2 p.m. Aug. 20 at the main office.
Students graduate from universities
The following Mooresville students graduated in May.
Caten Marie Murphy received a Bachelor of Science of commerce business administration from University of Alabama.
Bryan Watt graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree for sport leadership and management from Miami University.
Michael Burton was awarded a Bachelor of Science of business administration degree in management from Kutztown University.